- Before uploading Images to the Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year Competition all entrants, after reading the competition rules, must register and submit their details using the Registration Form. Organisers will attempt to respond to the registration request, within 72 hours, once your registration and residency of the Isle of Wight has been verified you will then be supplied with an Entrant Code and upload instructions.
- Please ensure that your email address and phone number is kept up-to-date in case we need to contact you during or at the end of the competition.
- The competition is open to all Isle of Wight resident photographers (amateur or professional).
- A 16 year old or under must have the permission from their parents or guardian to enter the competition.
- By registering and uploading your images demonstrates your acceptance of the competition rules.
2015 IWPOY Competition Theme
It’s all in the Frame! is the theme for the Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year 2015 competition. Images may contain a single or multiple elements all held within the frame and the judges will be looking for “photos with impact” whether landscape, seascape, action, people, portraits, objects, macros or any subject that you as a photographer identify with the theme.
- This is a free to enter competition with a maximum of 5 images per entrant that must have been taken within one year prior to the closing date of the competition (see below*). The copyright of all images including individual images making-up a composite image must belong to the photographer.
- Images may be colour, monochrome, manipulated or a combination of all three. Images may not contain text (i.e. photographer’s name or image title).
- Images taken with digital media and scanned film images are acceptable but must meet the image size requirements as stated below. EXIF data from digital files may be required for date verification of winning images.
- If an entrant wishes to change previously uploaded images they must contact the organisers with their Entrant Code, Image Title and details of the new replacement photograph. Changing of images will be limited and will not be allowed closer than two weeks before the closing date.
- Images that have previously won any other competition will not be accepted.
- If shortlisted entries are exhibited using commercial gallery space it will be necessary to offer these photographs for sale.
- Two sizes of each image in jpeg format will be required:
- For uploading to the Competition Gallery a max sized image of 1620 × 1080 pixels @72ppi. A copy should also to be retained by the entrant in case it is required for projection if the image is short-listed for the IWPOY Awards Evening
- A hi-res image that can be printed to a minimum of 12″ x 8″ @300ppi if required for the short-listed exhibition entries. Larger images selected for printing are preferred in uncompressed Tiff format.
The closing date for entries will be midnight the 8th December 2015; the short-listed entries will be displayed in the online Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year 2015 short-list Gallery after the judges have reached their decisions. All short-listed entrants will be invited to attend the Final Awards presentation evening of the Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year 2015 (date and venue to be advised). It is hoped that all short-listed photographs will be exhibited throughout 2015 and exhibition prints will be provided with no cost to the photographer.
Prizes will be announced on the main IWPOY website.
Judges will be announced on the main IWPOY website.
Copyright & Liability
- Each entrant must be the sole author and owner of copyright in all photographs entered. It is the legal responsibility of the entrant, and not the organisers, to ensure they comply with these ownership and copyright requirements and own the rights to reproduce the images. The copyright will remain with the photographer. Images that are discovered to not fulfil these criteria will be deemed ineligible and disqualified.
- Images are uploaded at the entrant’s risk and the organisers regret that they cannot accept any liability for the unauthorised duplication or use of images submitted to the website. It will be the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that the images submitted are bonafide.
- Copyright remains with the photographer at all times. By entering the competition you agree that IWPOY may use an image in promotion of the Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year competition for one year after the close of the competition.The organisers retain the right to remove images if they are judged not to be in keeping with the spirit of the competition or are deemed to be of an inappropriate nature. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that images are submitted correctly. Conduct not in keeping with the spirit of this competition, multiple single-user registrations, the use of false names and/or addresses will result in disqualification from receiving an IWPOY award and taking part in all future Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year events.
- By registration and uploading images into any of the IWPOY competition galleries/categories all entrants demonstrate their acceptance of the Isle of Wight Photographer of the Year (IWPOY) competition rules.